Because it's awesome.
Since people keep asking me about this.
- Yes, I know BastionWorks is down.
- As for why, your guess is as good as mine. I have theories, but they're just that, theories. I have not spoken to the site's owner in a long time, and am going to keep in that way for reasons that are private and I will not get into.
- I have no ability whatsoever to influence the site being brought back, so it'd be great if people could stop messaging me about it. It was never my site. I just posted there like anybody else and acted as a forum mod for the express and singular purpose of deleting spambots.
- No, I don't have any of the story material from it. I have my art, but that's it. No, probably I won't be uploading it here, because much of it was unfinished and tied to stories that I'm all but certain are never going to see the light of day. Most of the worthwhile pieces are floating around out there anyway, I'm sure you can find them if you do your due diligence.
- Projects that were in progress at the time of the site's demise (namely Seeds of Fate) are still ongoing, and will be released via new vectors and sites to be determined. The Miss Mars stuff is probably gone, and as I have expressed on streams, were the series to be brought back it would be in a new format or after having gotten a retooling and reboot anyway.
- There's always the Wayback Machine, and it does appear there's some kind of file recovery project going on over on pregchan, but again, I am unaffiliated with this. I've got enough on my plate as it is without trying to add resurrecting the dead to it.